An Evaluation of Google Cloud as a User-friendly Web Hosting Company
Users of Google services will appreciate the variety of cloud services offered by Google Cloud Platform (GCP), which is a premier Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solution. Among the features are excellent AL and ML capabilities, as well as general performance that's second to none. It's got excellent support for Linux and Windows. Speed and convenience are enhanced by the availability of a wide range of private worldwide networks. Quite a few AI and data analysis applications are available. But, compared to AWS, this service is more expensive. Integration with non-Google products might be difficult. Get Started with Google Cloud Platform.
Using Google Cloud Platform (GCP), you may run Linux and Windows Server on the same machine, as well as other cloud services. Since our previous assessment, GCP has expanded to 15 regions, each with at least three zones, and its cost may be established by contacting the firm. As Google continues to construct storage infrastructure, each zone includes numerous data centres. Three more underwater cables have been added to Google's network to fulfil the increasing needs of the company's data centres. Specifically, one cable connects Guam to the western Pacific. Undersea cables from Asia, the South Pacific and Australia to Japan and the US mainland are connected via this.
GCP customers benefit greatly from Google's worldwide network and the variety of networking options it offers. In addition to network architecture and virtual networking, the network configuration is well-designed and simple to use. The newly redesigned GCP Console, which is straightforward and easy to use in its own right, now includes all of this functionality.
The command line is no longer required for basic setup and operation of Google Cloud, making it easier for non-technical users to get up and running. Creating and configuring a compute server, for example, can now be done primarily with a few mouse clicks on your browser, thanks to the new graphical user interface (GUI). This makes it as straightforward to get up and running with Google as it is with providers like DigitalOcean or Rackspace.
Google offers a variety of preconfigured servers to make your life simpler. Additionally, you may configure your network and set up servers using the user interface (UI).
Nearly all of the command-line functionalities that were previously unavailable have been replaced by this UI. Once your server is set up, you may use your browser to go to the menus and screens there. This is how we were able to set up our Windows 2016 server, for example, without having to travel hundreds of miles to get to it.
The network performance of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is such that we didn't notice any lag even while accessing Windows Server through the remote desktop. But even though our 4K display wasn't supported by the remote desktop, we still had an easy-to-manage screen size.
GCP Performance: Since our previous analysis, GCP has grown dramatically in terms of the number of services it provides. One data centre may be found in each of the previously listed 15 geographical areas, which each have a minimum of three zones. In 2018 and 2019, an additional five areas will be added to this footprint. Because the number of data centres for GCP is always changing, Google does not disclose the total number of data centres it has for GCP It's safe to assume that no matter where you are, there's definitely a data centre nearby. Since our evaluation took place in Northern Virginia, we were able to use the nearby data centre to do all of our testing. There was no noticeable delay throughout testing. Every continent save Africa has a GCP region.
Every single one of these data centres is continually being updated with Intel Skylake CPUs. Prior to this disclosure, Google said that it will be upgrading to processors that were not impacted by the Spectre and Meltdown security issues that have been found in Intel CPUs. Currently, GCP's internal network can reach rates of up to 16 gigabits per second (Gbps). The network uses Google's own global fibre network to allow secure connections across regions. All of this adds up to a service that can compete with the likes of AWS and IBM Cloud in terms of functionality.
GCP scored 2,827 on the single-core benchmark and 2,659 on the multi-core test. Because we just used one core, the results are quite comparable. Other Windows Server-based cloud providers have had similar outcomes. According to these results, GCP's performance has increased somewhat over the previous test, although speed is not a key distinction for this cloud service.
At least 99.999% uptime is guaranteed by Google Compute Engine's service level agreement (SLA). To get a 10% credit, your monthly uptime percentage must be between 99% and 100% each month. You'll receive 25% if it falls between 95% and 99% of the time. You'll earn a 50% credit if it falls below 95% in a month. As you're building an instance, Google offers you with price information. It charges by the second. For example, if I had left the benchmark instance run for a month, it would have cost $65.89 a month (defined by Google as 720 hours).
Even as Google rapidly expands its data centres to keep up with demand, Google's Cloud Platform (GCP) remains expensive but resilient. As a consequence of this rapid expansion, GCP users will have to pay an unusually high fee, which varies according on geographic region. It will cost cheaper to run GCP server farms in locations with plentiful inexpensive energy than in places where power prices are higher. However, because of Google's rapid expansion of data centres, you're far more likely to locate one in your area. As a result of lower propagation delays and reduced internet congestion and infrastructure latency, using a data centre that is nearby will minimise latency. Latency may not be an issue for you depending on the nature of your app. However, in general, you'll want to select a spot close to your home.
As Google takes care to emphasise, GCP encompasses much more than simply IaaS. This is an important point to remember. Google's well-known voice and vision ML capabilities are only some of the many AI and ML services that you may access via KaaS, Platform-as-a-Service, and other services, including a broad range of AI and ML offerings.
Despite the fact that this study was focused on IaaS, GCP is more than simply IaaS. GCP is likely to be able to do any cloud-based task that you're likely to request.
TrustRadius, Peerspot, G2, Gartner, Trustpilot, Quora and Reddit Ratings
Here are a few testimonials from real customers who posted their reviews on sites like TrustRadius, Peerspot, G2, Gartner, Trustpilot, Quora and Reddit:
- Martin K from Denmark: Google cloud made a mistake and withdrew a large sum of money from my account. It took me a long time to get through to them. They refunded my money after a period of time. One of my backers has backed my decision to suspend all paid activity on my account. So, that's good to know, right? But they keep snatching me out of my savings account. In order to prevent any additional money from being taken from me, my bank has disabled Google for me. Poor customer service. The usability is atrocious. The worst possible choice for limiting or stopping services. Amateurish. What's the point of upsetting well-educated software engineers?
- Sean Van Cutsem from the UK: Fraudsters in every sense of the word. Restrict the ability of customers to delete, alter, or communicate with their credit card information and billing information. It's difficult to cancel because of the way it's set up. Customer service hangs up on you. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
- Ruven Naidoo from South Africa: You may easily add on to this solution in the future if you see the need to do so. Honestly, it's the greatest I've ever encountered. I like it to Azure. The database management side might need some development. Everything is now done using the app. In the future, it would be wonderful if there was a way to access and manage your data online.
- Piyush L from India: Users may engage with a wide range of services using an intuitive and easy-to-use Google Cloud Console, which is the most sophisticated cloud service provider. From the navigation menu, you may browse through a variety of services that are organised into numerous groups. You may also use a command-line interface to communicate with the cloud using the cloud shell capability. There may be lags in computing services or an inactive shell at times.
- Dhiman Roy from India: In the modern world, we are required to create enormous volumes of data for businesses. As a result, it must be safeguarded. In this case, cloud storage is the ideal setting in which to carry it out. This programme allows us to readily access the data that is protected. This programme allows us to keep and utilise our data in the future with ease in my company.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Alternatives
Need more options? Here is a list of top web hosting and domain registration services for entrepreneurs, affiliate marketers, online store owners, and app developers:
- A2 Hosting: Fast website loading speeds have made A2 Hosting one of the most popular web hosts in the world.
- Hostinger: One of the greatest shared and cloud hosting services, Hostinger was founded in 2007 as a free service.
- HostGator: One of the most popular web providers, HostGator, hosts over 10 million domains.
- Inmotion Hosting: It's safe to say that InMotion is one of the industry's most dependable web hosting companies today.
- Namecheap: It all began as a domain name registrar in 2000, and Namecheap's success in this venture led to the addition of additional services, such as hosting.
- Digital Ocean: DigitalOcean was founded in 2012 and it has offices in New York and Cambridge (Massachusetts), as well as data centres in New York and other cities around the world.
- GoDaddy: For years, GoDaddy's ads have shown on computers and television screens throughout the country, even during major televised events like the Super Bowl.
- WP Engine: One can delegate the maintenance of a website to WP Engine, which is one of the top managed WordPress hosting services out there.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Customers may use Amazon Web Services for a wide variety of applications and operating systems
For entrepreneurs, affiliate marketers, company owners, and app developers, DriveBoot.com is a great resource for learning the fundamentals of web hosting. A comprehensive list of the most popular web hosting companies can be found at DriveBoot.com. Companies included on this page may pay this website a compensation (the majority of them do) in exchange for an unbiased evaluation of their products or services. Please note that we are not responsible for the services provided by any of the firms listed on our site. Contact the relevant site hosting company if you have any issues with customer care. Many factors influence our decision on which web hosts to review, but the most important ones are the number of years in business, the authenticity of customer reviews found on sites like Trustpilot, Quora, and Reddit, the overall network stability of the host, and the host's ability to respond quickly to customer inquiries.
Business Development: [email protected]
Copyright DriveBoot.com. All Rights Reserved.